From £25-28k per annum plus attractive bonus and benefits
We are currently looking for a passionate and dedicated Sous Chef to join our team at The Rutland, a bespoke and luxurious city centre boutique hotel situated comfortably and conveniently between Edinburgh’s main shopping area and the busy financial district.
The Rutland Hotel is steeped in a history all of its own and has become an Edinburgh institution in its own right. Today, it is home to The Huxley, one of the city’s most refreshing bars, Heads & Tales, our gin emporium and Edinburgh’s finest gourmet steak restaurant-Kyloe.
As Sous Chef you will have previous experience at the same level or similar. You will have first class organisational and communication skills and the ability to motivate and inspire the team to produce food to the highest standards. Working closely with the Head Chef, you will be passionate about food, demonstrating creativity and possess strong product knowledge.
You will enjoy a fantastic range of benefits including;
- A competitive rate of pay and a performance related bonus
- Creative input to the menu
- Build and manage your own team
- An internal relief chef network to supplement your team if required
- A dedicated Development Chef to aid you in your role
- Service & Maintenance package on all kitchen equipment
- 28 days paid holidays, Christmas Day off
- 25% discounts in all our venues on food and drink
- Access to a wide range of perks through our online benefits portal
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program
- Training on company systems; Procure Wizard, Rotaready & Flow
- Progression and personal development opportunities
- A generous internal referral scheme
What We Need from You
- A solid background working & cooking with fresh produce
- Dedication to the role and venue
- Ability to train your kitchen team
- A strong understanding of food & rota costings
- Excellent communication skills
- Enjoy working as part of a team
- A positive mental attitude
- Welcome constructive criticism & feedback
We aim to fill our venues with lovely and talented people who work hard and enjoy their jobs. So, bring your passion, your energy and a smile and you will reap the benefits of becoming part of Signature Pub Group.
How to apply
If this sounds like something you want to be a part of, apply today by sending in your CV along with a cover letter telling us why you think you would be a great fit for the role.
All candidates must have the right to unrestricted employment in the UK and hold a valid National Insurance Number and UK bank account to be considered for this role.