From £25-27K per annum plus employee benefits
Cold Town is an Edinburgh based craft brewery. Established in 2018 our beer is now a popular fixture on draft in pubs across Scotland and we are rapidly expanding into the off trade.
To support this expansion the Brewery is currently looking for Brewery Operators to join their fast-paced production team at Dunedin Street.
The successful candidate will join a small team working across all areas of the brewing, packaging, and delivery process.
Reporting to the Head Brewer you will work on a shift basis, overseeing one other member of staff:
- Completing cellar and filtration operations
- You will be required to diligently feed into the quality management systems and continuous improvement of the site
- Completing brewing operations
- CIP of vessels
- Testing (and tasting!)
- Maintaining a high standard of hygiene and housekeeping throughout the production facility
- Ensuring production quality and stock records are up to date accurate.
- Assisting in the maintenance, development and continuous improvement of the site.
- There may also be the occasional requirement to represent the company at trade shows and customer facing events.
- Core working hours are between 6AM and 10PM Monday to Saturday with occasional Sunday working.
- It may be necessary from time to time for you to work at one of our other sites in central Edinburgh.
Key Competencies and Experience:
This is a hands-on supervisory role; therefore, 12-24 months brewing experience is required.
Good numerical skills and the ability to work as part of a team and independently without supervision is required.
The role suits a friendly, dynamic individual with a passion for great beer and a drive to learn about brewing.
A full, clean, UK driver’s licence is essential, FLT certificate highly desirable.
Attractive Package and Benefits
We are committed to keeping the working hours of our team below 45 hours per week. On the odd occasion, if you are required to work overtime, this will be paid at time and a half.
Progression and personal development opportunities; Individual training plans for all new joiners,
after 1 year of working with us, we will offer enrolment for the IBD General Certificate for all staff that have joined from a non-brewing background.
Annual pay increments based on completion of training.
Extra benefits: Paid breaks, staff discount ranging from 25% to 50%; 25% Cold Town Beer discount (that’s ours!), 25% Edinburgh’s Flavour online discount, assisted travel home, free food on shift, flexible working, monetary rewards available weekly, annual staff party, an extra days holiday for your birthday, plus extra annual leave days are awarded at 3/5 and 10 year service intervals, and if that’s not enough we offer a generous scheme for referring friends for jobs (up to £1000!)
We believe in developing our teams: there’s the opportunity for development across the whole spectrum of hospitality in Signature. We look after our team and provide access to our 24/7 Employee Assistance Program. Signature Group believes in promoting a healthy work / life balance.
How to apply
If this sounds like something you want to be a part of, apply today by sending in your CV along with a cover letter telling us why you think you would be a great fit for the role.
All candidates must have the right to unrestricted employment in the UK and hold a valid National Insurance Number and UK bank account to be considered for this role.