£30,000 per annum
Cold Town is an Edinburgh based craft brewery. Established in 2018 our beer is now a popular fixture on draft in pubs across Scotland and we are rapidly expanding into the off trade.
To support this expansion the Brewery is currently looking for a Packaging Manager to join their fast-paced production team at Dunedin Street.
The successful candidate will lead a small team working across all areas of the canning, kegging, and dispatching processes.
Reporting to the Production Manager you will work on a shift basis, overseeing 3 other members of staff:
- Completing/overseeing canning runs on our 3000cph line.
- Completing/overseeing Kegging runs on a one head Keg washer filler.
- Testing (and tasting!)
- Maintaining a high standard of hygiene and housekeeping throughout the production facility
- Ensuring production and stock records are up to date accurate.
- Assisting in the maintenance, development and continuous improvement of the site.
- There may also be the occasional requirement to represent the company at trade shows and customer facing events.
- Core working hours are between 6AM and 10PM Monday to Saturday with occasional Sunday working.
- It may be necessary from time to time for you to work at one of our other sites in central Edinburgh.
- Your Key Reporting Areas will be
- Ensuring compliance to the production plan
- Managing losses, both of raw materials and liquid.
- Maintaining accurate and effective stock control
- Maintaining Compliance of Microbial and PhysChem specs
- Managing a wage bill in line with production levels.
Key Competencies and Experience:
This is a supervisory role; therefore, 12-24 months packaging experience is required.
Good numerical skills and the ability to work as part of a team and independently without supervision is required.
The role suits a friendly, dynamic individual with a passion for great beer and a drive to learn about brewing.
A full, clean, UK driver’s licence is essential, FLT certificate highly desirable.
Attractive Package and Benefits
We are committed to keeping the working hours of our team below 45 hours per week. On the odd occasion, if you are required to work overtime, this will be paid at time and a half.
Progression and personal development opportunities; Individual training plans for all new joiners, after 1 year of working with us, we will offer enrolment for the IBD General Certificate for all staff that have joined from a non-brewing background.
Extra benefits: Paid breaks, monthly beer allowance, staff discount ranging from 25% to 50%; 25% Cold Town Beer discount (that’s ours!), 25% Edinburgh’s Flavour online discount, assisted travel home, free food on shift, flexible working, monetary rewards available weekly, annual staff party, an extra days holiday for your birthday, plus extra annual leave days are awarded at 3/5 and 10 year service intervals, and if that’s not enough we offer a generous scheme for referring friends for jobs (up to £1000!)
How to apply
If this sounds like something you want to be a part of, apply today by sending in your CV along with a cover letter telling us why you think you would be a great fit for the role.
All candidates must have the right to unrestricted employment in the UK and hold a valid National Insurance Number and UK bank account to be considered for this role.