The Rutland Hotel, Edinburgh
£12ph plus benefits
The Rutland, a bespoke and luxurious city centre boutique hotel situated comfortably and conveniently between Edinburgh’s main shopping area and the busy financial district. In addition as having beautiful rooms and luxury apartments, The Rutland is also home to Kyloe Restaurant & Grill - Edinburgh’s premier gourmet steak restaurant, The Huxley bar and Heads & Tales Gin Emporium. The Rutland hotel is an iconic boutique hotel in the heart of the West end of Edinburgh and we are looking for an enthusiastic Maintenance Assistant to join the leadership team.
Responsible for carrying out general maintenance and building checks as required. Ensure the functionality of all building services, plant, equipment etc. and carry out minor repairs. Ensure the grounds and gardens are kept clean and tidy at all times.
- Ensure building facilities are operational for daily use and in good repair through daily building, plant and machinery checks,
- Maintaining and cleaning the external of the building, litter picking, emptying bins, maintain equipment, gritting/snow clearing in the winter, dealing with the waste,
- Carry out general building maintenance works as instructed such as basic painting, basic electrical, basic plumbing, basic joinery and general repairs,
Ensure all fire safety equipment is operational and maintained,
- Carry out planned and preventative maintenance programs as instructed
- Keep all building service tools & equipment maintained and secure
- The ideal candidate would have Flexibility and a positive, Yes I Can! Attitude , An eye for detail , be a creative problem-solver and be able to work as part of a team
- Experience in a similar position is beneficial but not essential
- The candidate should display a “hands on” and proactive approach to property maintenance whilst working alongside approved contractors to protect the high-quality finish across the hotel, apartments, restaurants and bars.
Attractive Package and Benefits
- Great hourly rate
- Extra benefits: Paid breaks, staff discount ranging from 25% to 50%; 25% Cold Town Beer discount (that’s ours!), 25% Edinburgh’s Flavour online discount, flexible working, monetary rewards available weekly, annual staff party, an extra days holiday for your birthday, plus extra annual leave days are awarded at 3/5 and 10 year service intervals, and if that’s not enough we offer a generous scheme for referring friends for jobs (up to £1000!)
- We believe in developing our teams: there’s the opportunity for development across the whole spectrum of hospitality in Signature.
We look after our team and provide access to our 24/7 Employee Assistance Program. Signature Group believes in promoting a healthy work / life balance.
Signature Group is proud to be a part of Stonewall’s Diversity Champions Programme. We work closely with Stonewall to ensure that all LGBTQ+ employees are free to be themselves in our workplace.
How to apply
If this sounds like something you want to be a part of, apply today by sending in your CV along with a cover letter telling us why you think you would be a great fit for the role.