The Saint, St Andrews
Meetings National Minimum Wage plus cash tips, tronc and benefits
We Serve Happiness!
Signature Group are hiring for hospitality roles. Competitive pay and benefits at venues across Scotland working for one of Scotland’s leading independent hospitality businesses.
We are looking for a Host to meet and greet our guests at The Saint. The Saint is popular and well-established venue in the heart of St Andrews, it has something for everyone. Modern lounge areas, extensive garden area and 4 guest bedrooms for an overnight stay – we’re an awesome team filled with hardworking and fun-loving people. We’d love for you to join us.
We have 21 venues in Scotland, including Cold Town House, Badger & Co, The Spiritualist, McLarens on the Corner, Copper Blossom, The Smokin’ Fox and more.
Responsibilities will include-
- Greeting customers as they walk into the restaurant.
- Helping guests with reservations and guiding them to their table.
- Giving guests accurate wait time estimates and seating them in a wait area.
- Providing customers with menus and answering any initial questions they may have.
- Optimising seating at different tables to ensure an even workload for wait staff.
- Answering phones and scheduling reservations with large bookings.
- Assisting with Check in's and out's for the hotel.
Skills required: teamwork, customer service, charm, honesty, creativity, friendly, great verbal communication skills ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment and being a real team player. Previous experience in a similar role would be an advantage.
Here’s the deets:
- Hourly rate plus cash tips (no quibbling, 100% goes to the staff!)
- Fortnightly paid wages
- Extra benefits: Paid breaks, staff discount ranging from 25% to 50%; 25% Cold Town Beer discount (that’s ours!), 25% Edinburgh’s Flavour online discount, assisted travel home, free food on shift, flexible working, monetary rewards available weekly, annual staff party, an extra days holiday for your birthday, plus extra annual leave days are awarded at 3/5 and 10 year service intervals, and if that’s not enough we offer a generous scheme for referring friends for jobs (up to £1000!)
- We believe in developing our teams: there’s the opportunity for development across the whole spectrum of hospitality in Signature.
We look after our team and provide access to our Employee Assistance Program. Signature Group believes in promoting a healthy work / life balance.
Signature Group is proud to be a part of Stonewall’s Diversity Champions Programme. We work closely with Stonewall to ensure that all LGBTQ+ employees are free to be themselves in our workplace.
How to apply
If this sounds like something you want to be a part of, apply today by sending in your CV along with a cover letter telling us why you think you would be a great fit for the role.
All candidates must have the right to unrestricted employment in the UK and hold a valid National Insurance Number and UK bank account to be considered for this role.