The Spiritualist, Aberdeen
From £28,000 per annum plus attractive bonus and benefits
Including industry Leading Retention Payment Scheme
We are currently looking for a passionate and dedicated Head Chef to join our team at The Spiritualist. Located in the center of Aberdeen, The Spiritualist is a far step away from anything ordinary, it’s enticingly elegant with a touch of cool. Our food is contemporary, fresh, locally sourced, seasonal and expertly crafted are the hallmarks of a menu designed to showcase the best of Scottish.
As Head Chef you will have previous experience at the same level or similar. You will have first class organisational and communication skills and the ability to motivate, inspire and manage the team to produce food to the highest standards and run our kitchen efficiently. You will thrive in a fast-paced environment, while producing consistently good food. You will be passionate about your food; demonstrating creativity to deliver great quality, seasonal menus.
You will enjoy a fantastic range of benefits including;
- A competitive rate of pay and a performance related bonus
- Creative input to the menu
- Build and manage your own team
- A dedicated Development Chef to aid you in your role
- Service & Maintenance package on all kitchen equipment
- Christmas Day and New Year’s Day off
- 25% staff discount in all our venues on food and drink
- 25% discount on Edinburgh’s Flavours gift vouchers
- 15% discount on online orders of Cold Town Beer
- Flexible working, no split shifts
- Free meals on duty
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program
- Training on company systems; Procure Wizard, Rotaready & Flow
- Progression and personal development opportunities
- A generous internal referral scheme
Signature Group believes in promoting a good work / life balance
What We Need from You
- A solid background working & cooking with fresh produce
- Dedication to the role and venue
- Ability to train your kitchen team
- A strong understanding of food & rota costings
- Excellent communication skills
- Enjoy working as part of a team
- A positive mental attitude
- Welcome constructive criticism & feedback
We aim to fill our venues with lovely and talented people who work hard and enjoy their jobs. So, bring your passion, your energy and a smile and you will reap the benefits of becoming part of Signature Group.
Signature Group is proud to be a part of Stonewall’s Diversity Champions Programme. We work closely with Stonewall to ensure that all LGBTQ+ employees are free to be themselves in our workplace.
How to apply
If this sounds like something you want to be a part of, apply today by sending in your CV along with a cover letter telling us why you think you would be a great fit for the role.
All candidates must have the right to unrestricted employment in the UK and hold a valid National Insurance Number and UK bank account to be considered for this role.