Area Support Chef, Signature Group
£40,000 Basic, Venue Tronc & Central Bonus Scheme
45-Hour PW, Edinburgh based, with Occasional Travel
“We Serve Happiness”
Signature Group operate a diverse portfolio of 21 venues across Scotland. We are all about great, authentic, inventive, and quality led food. In 2024 we are looking to add depth to our Executive Chef team. The primary focus of this role is to raise and drive operational standards throughout our estate.
As an Area Support Chef, you will have previous experience at the same level or be working as an effective Head Chef. You will have excellent organisational and communication skills, with the ability to motivate and inspire teams. Supporting our Executive Head Chef, you will be working closest with 7-8 of our venues, getting to know the team and the customers.
Strong IT skills with a solid understand of Word, Excel, Logit and ProcureWizard (or similar) is essential. Whilst you will be heavily involved in menu creation, costings and general operations. This role still remains hands on and you will expected to support in venues during peak periods or to cover gaps when required.
This role is 5 out of 7 days per week and whilst predominantly based in Edinburgh, on occasion you will be required to travel to our sites in Glasgow, Aberdeen, St Andrews or Stirling with Central Belt locations being most frequent. Ownership of your own vehicle would be an advantage.
We want someone to:
- Manage in-venue Chefs, taking ownership of venues
- Bring creativity, flare and commercial acumen to our menus
- Coach & develop our chefs at all levels
- Be up to date on Food Safety and Hygiene Regulations
- Bring creativity and flare to our menus
What you’ll get from us:
You’ll get all the training, guidance and support you need from our Exec Chef Team & Senior Management Team. Most importantly you’ll get:
- £40,000 Basic Salary + Quarterly Performance Related Bonus. OTE of £45,000
- Staff discount ranging from 25% to 50%; 25% Cold Town Beer discount (that’s ours!)
- Rota’s Two-Weeks in Advance, Paid Breaks, Staff Parties & Day off for your Birthday!
We look after our team and provide access to our 24/7 Employee Assistance Program. Signature Group believes in promoting a healthy work / life balance.
If this sounds like something you want to be a part of, apply today by sending in your CV including why you think you would be a great fit for the role.