Business and Sales Development Manager
£28,000 plus performance-related bonus.
An excellent opportunity has become available to join The Signature Group’s Marketing Team as Business and Sales Development Manager for our drinks brands - Cold Town Beer and Cold Spring as well as many other exciting projects.
Cold Town Beer is Signature Group’s very own brew! Born with Scottish history at its heart and is named in honour of the Calton Brewery in Edinburgh, which was the first in Britain to brew lager, in 1835. This was situated in the Edinburgh suburb, Caldtoun, at the bottom of a large hill. 183 years later, we now know that place as Calton Hill and we know our beer as Cold Town beer! Cold Spring is the newest product to the brewery. Hard seltzers are relatively new to the drinks shelves and it will be your role to help launch our new brand to the market.
Working with these two products will form a majority of the role in a sales and business development capacity and are referred to as our ‘brands’ below.
- You will be the main point of contact for all brand enquiries, maintaining your own and the brand professional email accounts.
- Handling all things merchandise and canned/kegged product purchases from order through to delivery including stock audits and updating online platforms accordingly.
- Developing new point of sale to advertise the brands and ensuring all Signature Group’s venues have the correct stock for promotions.
- Liaising with the Brewery Team on new products and developing brand assets in line with release.
- Generating weekly comparative sales reports on brand draught across Signature Group’s portfolio identifying venues for growth.
- Social media strategy and implementation alongside the Digital Marketing Manager and the Brewery Team. This includes the Cold Town Beer mailing list.
- Host and organise brand events across the Signature Group’s portfolio as part of our Cold Town Brewery Ambassador Programme (Meet the Brewer, Tap Takeovers, other exciting events)
- Supporting the Cold Town House management on initiatives, new brews, beer experience/tours and events.
- Working with the brewery head of sales you will identify potential stockists both on and off trade and will negotiate brand sales.
- You will work with stockists out with of Signature Group to ensure they have a suite of POS and all product stock required to maximise sales. You’ll work on relationship management to ensure that we have a continuous link to the relevant people to be able to support and allow them to be as energised about our brands as we are.
- Working on larger scale events as part of the Marketing Team.
Must have at least two years sales experience
This is a very varied role so excellent organisational skills are necessary
You will also require the confidence to sell the brands to very competitive on and off trade stockists within a busy market
A valid personal licence is preferable, there will be travel to our venues and stockists
A UK driver’s licence with own car is preferable (travel expenses will be reimbursed)
Attractive Package and Benefits
You will enjoy a fantastic range of benefits including; a competitive rate of pay, a performance related bonus, 25% discounts in all our venues on food and drink, 25% discount on online Edinburgh’s Flavour gift vouchers, 15% discount on online Cold Town Beer orders, access to our Employee Assistance Program, progression and personal development opportunities, and a generous internal referral scheme. Signature Group believes in promoting a good work / life balance.
We aim to hire lovely and talented people who work hard and enjoy their jobs. So, bring your passion, your energy and a smile and you will reap the benefits of becoming part of Signature Group.
Signature Group is proud to be a part of Stonewall’s Diversity Champions Programme. We work closely with Stonewall to ensure that all LGBTQ+ employees are free to be themselves in our workplace.
How to apply
If this sounds like something you want to be a part of, apply today by sending in your CV along with a cover letter telling us why you would be a great fit for the role.
All candidates must have the right to unrestricted employment in the UK and hold a valid National Insurance Number and UK bank account to be considered for this role.